Only people eligible under the current phase will be able to receive the vaccine.
If you are unwell with flu-like symptoms or if you are pregnant, you will not be able to receive the vaccine at this stage.
You will need to have a Medicare card for this service to be bulk billed. If you do NOT have a Medicare card, please book your vaccination at one of the Government Vaccination Hubs instead https://www.healthdirect.gov.au
New patients will require a current health summary sent from their usual GP clinic. Please arrange for this to be forwarded to us via fax (97054499) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please call our clinic to make a booking if you are a new patient
What to expect for your appointment
- You will be required to remain at the practice for 15 minutes following your vaccination to monitor for any side effects.
- For the AstraZeneca vaccine, the complete vaccine program is 2 doses. The second dose is recommended to take place after 12 weeks.
- Make a note of the vaccine brand you receive as you need to have the same brand of vaccine both times.
- Please talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns before getting your COVID-19 vaccination.
- After receiving the vaccine, please tell your healthcare provider if you have any side effects that worry you. You can also report suspected side effects to NPS Medicinewise on 1300 134 237.
Even after receiving the vaccine, you must still follow public health precautions as required in your state or territory to stop the spread of COVID-19 including:
- Keep your distance – stay at least 1.5 metres away from other people
- Washing your hands often with soap and water, or use hand sanitiser
- Wear a mask, if your state or territory has advised you should
- Stay home if you are unwell with cold or flu-like symptoms and arrange to get a COVID-19 test.
As with any vaccine, some people may experience side effects such as a sore arm, headache or fever. These side effects are usually mild and don’t last for long, but please tell your healthcare provider if you have any side effects that worry you.